Klee Irwin Works to End Malnutrition
and to Preserve Our Planet for Our Children
Philosophy and Mission Statement for Programs supported by Klee Irwin, Nutraceutical Formulator and Educator
Klee Irwin invites you to join our efforts in protecting our planet and supporting the health of children around the globe. "These two crucial areas will shape our world and the lives of future generations to come. Better nutrition and a healthy environment are major milestones on the path to achieving an overall better quality of life," passionately states Klee Irwin, a leading Nutritional Expert and Nutraceutical Formulator.
Nutrition is a foundation for the health and development of children. Healthy children simply learn better, they are strong and they are more productive now and into their adult lives. For Klee Irwin, a Natural Health Advocate and Educator, the seminal role of nutrition in survival, health and general well-being provides the impetus to mobilize resources and channel them into humanitarian efforts.
- Over 30% of the world's population suffers from micronutrient deficiencies.
- Chronic malnutrition is the underlying cause of 3.5 million deaths annually.
- Vitamin A deficiency is responsible for half a million children going blind.
- Vitamin A supplementation has been named by experts as one of the interventions with the greatest potential to reduce child morbidity and mortality
- Vitamin A supplementation can increase a child's chance of survival by 23% (six months to five years of age).
Based on direction from Klee Irwin,
Irwin Naturals proudly donates to:
Vitamin Angels is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing vital nutrition to children and families in need. Vitamin Angels has plans to eliminate childhood blindness worldwide by the year 2020. Vitamin Angels believes that everyone has a right to basic nutrition. Klee Irwin strongly agrees.
- All people are free from easily preventable deficiency diseases;
- Expecting mothers get the nutrition they need to deliver healthy babies;
- No child goes blind due to simple vitamin A deficiency. Just two high-dose vitamin A capsules given to a child each year will prevent that child from losing their sight forever. It takes just 25 cents per year to save a child from going blind;
- Vitamin Angels reached 5.5 million children, nursing mothers and babies in 18 countries in 2007.